Your Skills, Our Students: a Partnership for Success
Sign up now to tutor DC students!
The ongoing pandemic has taken a toll on all of us, particularly on students furthest from opportunity. Tutoring has been proven as one of the most effective ways to help students supplement math and literacy skills learned in the classroom. The need for tutors is massive this school year, with thousands of individuals needed. Tutoring is the perfect volunteer opportunity to apply your skills, connect directly with a DC student, and make a difference. Join us as a tutor!
Additional Tutoring Opportunities
Some of our CityTutor DC partners (including Literacy Lab, Math Corps, City Year Washington DC, and Blueprint Schools Network) employ AmeriCorps service members for full-time placements as high-impact tutors within their organizations. To learn more about AmeriCorps terms of service and open opportunities in DC, visit the AmeriCorps website.
Other Paid Opportunities
- GoodProjects Paid K-3rd Literacy and Middle School Math Intensive Tutor
- Horton’s Kids Paid Literacy Tutor: Paid position applicants can direct questions to Gina Burd (email@example.com).
- The Fishing School Paid Lead Instructor: Paid position applicants can direct questions to Topher Anuzis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Americorps Blueprint Math Fellow
- The Literacy Lab Paid 4th-8th Math Corps Tutor
CityTutor DC partners are also recruiting volunteer mentors to fill the demand. DC Tutoring and Mentoring Initiative is coordinating recruitment efforts for many of these organizations; fill out their sign-up information to get connected!